Welcome back to my blog guys! I know it’s been a while but I’m back and hoping to post a lot more frequently. I just wanted to share 5 of my favourite tips which have helped me throughout my curly hair struggles!
1. Deep conditioning – this is such an important step to achieving healthy, strong hair. I like to deep condition my hair once a week with coconut oil. I apply coconut oil all over my hair and tie it in a bun overnight. This allows my hair to really lock in the moisture and promotes growth.
2. DITCH THE HEAT! I know it’s difficult trying to manage curly hair but for as long as you are damaging your natural curl pattern with heat and chemicals it won’t grow. In order to gain healthy hair you need to stop using heat.
3. My tip number three is ditching the towel and using a cotton t shirt or satin scarf. I NEVER use a towel on my hair after washing it. Switching to a cotton t-shirt to dry my hair has saved my life! I also like to scrunch my hair dry with a satin scarf as I find this doesn’t absorb the hair product as much. Honestly girls, if you’re looking to prevent frizz and damage, get rid of the towel!
4. THE PINEAPPLE! Oh yeh, all my curly girls know about the pineapple. I like to sleep with my hair on the top of my head as this prevents my curls from looking a mess in the morning. This way I’m not messing up my ends throughout the night and they stay preserved on the top of my head!
5. Be patient! If you’re just starting out on your natural hair journey, be patient and consistent. Don’t give up and straighten it because you’re not seeing instant changes! I promise you, if you remain patient and look after your hair, it will reward you and pay off.
I really hoped this helped those of you starting out your natural hair journey!
Be sure to check out my new YouTube channel: http://www.youtube/tanikaamber.com
Lots of love